In a fascinating synthesis of indigenous wisdom, non-Western spiritualities, depth psychology, social activism and ecology, Plotkin introduces an ecopsychology of human development that reveals how fully and creatively we can mature when soul and wild nature are allowed to guide us. In the contemporary West, conscious investigation of the sacred wound, when attempted at all, most commonly takes place in those rare psychotherapies that journey deep into the psyche to encounter the demons and monsters of our greatest fears.
Nature and the Human Soul: Cultivating Wholeness and Community in a Fragmented World
These wounds can also be approached through exceptional forms of bodywork or through ceremonies that expose our grief and allow its full experience. In a soul-centered setting, the elders, who know we all carry sacred wounds, offer rituals and nature-based practices that help us uncover and assimilate the lessons and opportunities, the treasure, hidden in our wounds. Sooner or later, we each have to address the paramount addiction in the Western world: our psychological dependence on the worldview and lifestyle of Western civilization itself.
- Art Models 3: Life Nude Photos for the Visual Arts.
- About This Item!
- Account Options.
- Inductive Logic Programming: 21st International Conference, ILP 2011, Windsor Great Park, UK, July 31 – August 3, 2011, Revised Selected Papers!
- Blowing the Roof off the Twenty-First Century: Media, Politics, and the Struggle for Post-Capitalist Democracy!
Published on Feb 28, SlideShare Explore Search You. Submit Search. Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.
Upcoming SlideShare. Like this document?
kulturisztika.hu/med/wp-content/lane/2067-zodiac-sign-compatibility.php Why not share! Embed Size px. Start on.
- Women, science, and myth: gender beliefs from antiquity to the present.
- The Facebook Marketing Book!
- Publisher Description?
- Nature and the Human Soul: Cultivating Wholeness and Community in a Fragmented World.
Show related SlideShares at end.